YM Cho is an award-winning artist and designer. Her interests in art and design began when her father brought home a large dry-erase board with markers while she was a little girl. She used the dry erase board as her sketchbook to draw every day and night. Ultimately, her interests in art and design led her to pursue her university studies and a career in that field at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, where she earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with an emphasis in visual communications and fashion illustration.
YM has been named the winner of several art and design competitions, including the 2017 Leavenworth Oktoberfest logo design, the 2017 Navy Air Force Half Marathon shirt design, the 2019 Seward Silver Salmon Derby logo design, the 93rd Running Mount Marathon logo design, and the 2022 Tumbleweed Music Festival logo design.
YM is also a contributing print designer for Polychrome. Check out her work at https://www.polychrome.design/Stores/Prints/YMCho
YM is the illustrator for Will's Adventure To The Candy Mountain written by Dr. Gerry Haller. For more information about the picture book, check out www.childrenarespecialpress.com
· 2nd Place winner of the 1999 Southern Arizona Foreign Language Fair Poster Contest
· Winner of the 2012 Illinois Chapter of the International Association of Workforce Professionals Commemorative Pin Design contest
· Nominee for the Creative Allies' Ally of the Year Award 2016
· Winner of the 2017 National Indian Child Care Association Logo Design Contest
· Winner of the 2017 Leavenworth Oktoberfest Logo Design Contest
· Winner of the 2017 Navy Air Force Half Marathon Shirt Design Contest
· Winner of the 2017 Stark Development Corporation Logo Design Contest
· Runner-up of the 2018 Cafe Press Military Graphic Art Contest from Creative Allies
· Winner of the 2019 Seward Silver Salmon Derby Logo Design Contest
· Winner of the 2020 93rd Running Mount Marathon Logo Design Contest
· Winner of the 2022 Tumbleweed Music Festival Logo Design Contest
· Winner of the 2022 Creative Allies' Super Bowl LVI Fan Art Logo Design Contest
Extravaganza of Art Bash Group Performance, Gallery 2, 2003, Chicago, IL
"Interview of SAIC Student Government Officers," FNews March Issue 2004, Chicago, IL
SAIC School Logo Re-Design Competition, FNews April Issue 2006, Chicago, IL
Bridal Gown Illustrations Display, Designs By Ming, Chicago, IL 2004
SAIC Undergraduate Exhibition, Gallery 2, Chicago, IL 2006
Chicago Jazz Book Collection Group Show, SAIC Flaxman Library, Chicago, IL 2006
House of Brides Couture
Skysite Property LLC
Fill In The Blank Greetings
Alan's Tax & Accounting
SAIC Student Affairs
Business Birth Inc.
Satin Bonnet Boutique
Sesjami Industries Inc.
Patel International Inc.
CK Global Partners
Arizona Research Institute of Solar Energy
All Call Transportation LLC
Faith It Is Corporate Event Planning